1. Can a student enroll during the current school year?Yes, if accepted and there is availability in the appropriate grade level. We recognize that workers may move to Spain at times other than the summer, and we are used to accommodating students arriving midyear. Registration is open October 15 to December 15 for 2nd semester.
2. What is the class size at ECA?In the elementary school, classes average 8 to 12 students. In the middle and high school, classes average 12 students. There are currently about 97 students in grades K through 12.
3. Are payment plans available, or is the whole tuition amount due at one time?Yes, payment options are available to day students and boarding students. Please contact the business manager for details.
4. Are scholarships offered?We do not offer scholarships of any kind; however, students of full time Christian workers do receive a tuition discount, and students of participating sending agencies receive a greater discount.
5. Are textbooks included in the cost of tuition?Yes, all textbook costs are covered in tuition.
6. What time do students need to arrive at school each day, and at what time are they released?Classes begin at 9:10 daily. Students may enter the building 15 minutes before classes begin. School ends at 4:00 daily. Students should be picked up at 4:00, and no later than 4:15 unless he or she is participating in an after-school club or music lesson.
7. Do you offer any classes in which students can earn college credit while attending ECA?Yes, ECA offers both Honors and Advanced Placement (AP) courses to prepare students for the AP exams given in May of each year. Most US colleges and universities award credit for exam scores of 3 or higher. Please contact us to find out more information about our current offerings.
8. Can my child participate in music and sports at ECA?Yes, ECA offers music classes as well as private lessons, many of which can be scheduled during school hours. The sports program at ECA, as with most international schools, is not what you may be used to if you are coming from the United States as there are no other schools in the area with leagues in which ECA may participate. We do, however, offer after-school clubs with a variety of sports available. Parents may even come and participate in the after school sports!
9. I live outside the Madrid area. Does ECA offer a boarding program?No, ECA does not offer boarding through the school. However, families in this situation may be able to make arrangements with a local family through their church, sending agency, or other connection.
10. How do I find out how my student is doing in his or her classes?ECA uses RenWeb, online software which allows you to view all of your child's grades at any time. In addition, all teachers have email addresses posted in the school directory, and you may contact your child's teachers at any time for an update.